European bmx project
training to win
Our BMX project pretends to promote education in and through sport with special focus on skills development, with emphasis in coach training, to improve the quality of sport career development and safety of young athletes.
- 6 COUNTRIES -
- 7 partners -
TRAINING TO WIN EU PROJECT team currently comprises seven members;
Leaded by BMX School Zaragoza and Universidad San Jorge from Spain, the team consist of a research center (Fundacion Universidad San Jorge- Spain), two national federations (Portugal and Slovakia), an educational and development centre (CEIPES-Italy), a professional association (LSIIDP-Latvia) and a street sport association from Malta.
TRAINING TO WIN
TRAINING TO WIN EU PROJECT
▪ Objective 1.- To design a BMX integral training program, for coaches and trainers, adding scientific evidence and studies.
▪ Objective 2.- To promote the benefits of BMX, for children and youth, physically, mentally and socially.
▪ Objective 3.- To stimulate dual careers for BMX riders, supporting their professional and educational development.
Achieving these ambitious objectives implies the scientific analysis of BMX from different perspectives, which would be reached by a multidisciplinary team involved in this project.
Three intellectual output would be delivered:
1.Survey to detect the training needs in BMX (targeted on coaches, trainers, sport clubs and federations).
2. Wide and integral studies; physical, psychological and social factors that improve or limit well-being and performance in BMX.
3. Results obtained in both IO would be the basis to construct a MOOC course on BMX training and development.
Three multiplier sport Events are planned:
- Training Safe Seminar.
- BMX Ecosystem Workshop.
- Minority Sports Professionalization Conference